My 9-5 has gone full SS and I'm now forced to railroad these unemployed brigands into a training course that they 1) Don't need 2) Don't want to do and 3) Won't attend.
That's another story for another day though. This week has all been about the countdown to my yearly pilgrimage to Llandudno with my lovely girlfriend. Before I depart though, I thought I'd bullet point you straight in the mouth without so much as a second thought.
- Driving down a motorway to a soundtrack of Outrun, Super Hang On and Sega Rally is both dangerous and enjoyable. Take care kids.
- Cage Warriors was, as I've come to expect, amazingly well organised and it was good to see the usual selection of suspects for chit chat and organised violence.
- Piotr Ptasinski showcased some of the more crisp yet unique striking I've seen for a long time. The fight's here; well done that man.
- Kris Edwards looks like a fucking bundle of fun at 125 lbs. I can see him giving a lot of people headaches down the line.
- Paul Rimmer does indeed look like a cross between Santa Claus and Fedor. It's no wonder there's so many monsters up at Next Generation. Imagine that dude coming down your chimney.
- Speaking of Next Gen; Danny Roberts impressed me more than anyone else on the card with his performance against a very tough Jack Mason. If he continues onwards in this fashion he could easily make the big show and make a lot of noise along the way.
- John Phillips getting kicked in the face and then nodding as if to say, "good shot that," was one the craziest things I've seen in a very long time. That dude ain't wired right.
- Chris Fields walking out to Jailbreak always works. That's timeless. Unlucky to come up short in that bout as well. I've no doubt he'll bounce back.
Did you ever play Parodius?
It's proof, if proof were needed, that the the Japanese video gaming industry falls squarely on both sides of the line between genius and insanity. I can't begin to sum it up so here's a video.
You know what else is insane?
John "The Welsh Aoki" Phillips and his run of submissions. Where the fuck has this come from?
It's obviously down to the years of hard graft he's put in with Chris Rees but seriously you've got to take your hat off to a man who, before his last two fights, had one submission win on his record and it was a tap to strikes.
He's probably been fucking with us this whole time. He could have hit Frank Trigg with a rolling gogoplata or some crazy shit you've never heard of but he probably didn't want to make him look like an idiot. He'll probably sub Pavel Kusch and then quit mma to train for the ADCC or something like that.
Not got a show for a few weeks now so I'll be away from these fair pages for a while but, if you see me around, then please be sure to say hello. I may not have my now trademarked croquet hoop moustache at the minute due to another facial hair based project but I'm still every bit as approachable.