Sunday 25 March 2012

Videogames and the Vision Quest

I spend so much time embracing the past while continually trying to look to the future and this blog is a perfect illustration of said ethos.

It's been around three years that I've been writing seriously and the opportunities and experiences that have come about as a result of it have been unreal to say the least.

Anyone who reads this understands how much SNES I play but this week I wandered to WHSmith after a quick game of F-Zero. It was sunny, I had some big sunglasses on and all was well.

I walked into the shop and picked up Fighters Only, in front of a tutting clerk, and opened it up. I've had quite a bit of magazine work published but this prospect was somehow different.

This month's issue featured a column I put together about videogames and mma. You read it right. The second I wrote it I was reminded of the first times I read Gamesmaster magazine and I wondered what it would be like to write at all.

I'm trying to not use the word epic anymore because this generation of kids seem set to do to epic what my generation did to awesome but that's the first word that came to mind.

Please go and buy it.
Then read it all.
Then tell me what you think.
Take Care
Ben

P.S I'm all about trying to full clear F-Zero this week. Mute City 2 is beast.

No comments: